Recording Volunteer hours:
You must create an account through the TrackItForward website (not app) in order to record hours. After you have created an account, you may download and use the app to record hours.
For the 2018-19 school year, ALC families must complete 10 volunteer hours. Hours can be obtained in the following ways.
- You may actively volunteer at East Side or Nichols during Family Fun Night, Fall Carnival, helping with the Book Fair, etc. For families with students at other JISD schools, you may volunteer at any school. If you earn hours from another campus by working concession stands, chaperoning dances, etc. You will receive 1 hour credit for each hour you serve. All hours must be recorded in TrackItForward.
- You may assist by serving as a chaperone on field trips. You will receive 1 credit for each hour you serve. All adult chaperones must have completed a criminal background form prior to the field trip. Please make sure these are turned in at least a week before your child’s scheduled field trip. District policy is younger siblings are not allowed to attend field trips. All hours must be recorded in TrackItForward.
- You may also receive credit for each hour that you spend volunteering at community events of your choosing, for example, Community Wide Clean-up Day, ringing the bell for Salvation Army, volunteering at HOPE, or other community events. All hours must be recorded in TrackItForward.
- Attending your own child’s presentations and other special events at East Side does not apply to ALC hours. Your time must be spent performing volunteer service. All hours must be recorded in TrackItForward.
-Cell Phone Use Policy
- While actively volunteering or chaperoning, cell phones are prohibited at any time. In order to ensure the safety of everyone involved, all attention should be focused on students and the activity in which they are participating.
- You may receive up to 5 hours for donating supplies each year. A list of items can be provided by your teacher. You will receive up to 30 minutes per item. Bringing items for your child’s class parties does not qualify for hours. Record hours for donations in TrackItForward.
- Opportunities will arise throughout the school year. When they do arise, Ms. Graham or the ALC teachers will notify parents of these opportunities through Remind, the ALC Facebook page and the JISD ALC website page.
If you have other ideas on how to obtain hours, please email Ms. Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (903) 586-5146.