Guidelines for Volunteer Hours
'20-'21 Changes due to Covid-19 Restrictions
Keeping students and staff safe and healthy to ensure continued learning is our top priority. The 10 volunteer hours will be waived for the 2020-2021 school year.
Annually each family in the ALC program must complete 10 volunteer hours in order for the student to remain in the ALC program the following year.
How do I volunteer?
- Actively Volunteering at East Side or Nichols Events: You may actively volunteer at East Side or Nichols during Family Fun Night, Fall Carnival, Book Fair, etc.
- Working Other Campus Events: Families with students at other JISD campus by working concession stands, chaperoning dances, etc.
- Chaperone Field Trips: You may assist by serving as a chaperon on field trips. All adult chaperones must have completed a criminal background form prior to the field trip. Please make sure the form is turned in at least 2 weeks prior to your child's scheduled field trip. District policy states younger siblings are NOT allowed to attend field trips.
- Other Opportunities: Opportunities will arise throughout the school year. When they do arise, Mrs. Pouliasis or the ALC teachers will notify parents of these opportunities through Remind, the ALC Facebook page and the JISD ALC website page.
- Donating Supplies: You may donate supplies and receive credit for up to 2 hours. You will receive up to 30 minutes per item. A list of acceptable items will be provided each year.
Volunteer Hour Exclusions
We appreciate all donations, assistance, and support, but credit for volunteer hours will not be granted for the following:
- Donating items for class parties.
- Attending your own child's presentations or other special events.
- Supplies donated beyond the 2 hour maximum.
Volunteer Cell Phone Use Policy
While actively volunteering or chaperoning, cell phones are prohibited at any time. In order to ensure the safety of everyone involved, all attention should be focused on students and the activities in which they are participating.
If you have other ideas on how to obtain hours, please email Mrs. Pouliasis at email@example.com or call (903)- 586-5146 ext. 1216