Welcome to the Jacksonville Independent School District. In Jacksonville Schools, substitute employees are considered an important part of the educational process. The standards are high for employees in this district, and in their absence our substitute employees are expected to adhere to these same standards of excellence. We ask that while you are with us, you assume the same responsibilities as the regular members of the faculty. The role of a substitute employee is a great challenge - we appreciate your willingness to be a part of us.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older to be considered to substitute at the Middle School or High School level. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 21 may be considered for elementary school level. All applicants must meet these additional qualifications:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Texas Educator Certification preferred.
Dress Code for substitutes is the same as the professional dress code for employees.
Pay scale is as follows:
- Any substitution for paraprofessional - $70.00 per day
- Certified teachers substituting for teachers - $90.00 per day
- Non-certified teachers substituting for teachers - $75.00 per day
- Registered Nurse substituting for RN - $90.00 per day
- Registered Nurse substituting for Nurse Aide - $70.00 per day
- Long-term Substitution (4 or more consecutive weeks) for teachers by Certified Teachers----$110.00 per day
- One half day worked is one half day pay
If a substitute works in any one position for more than 10 consecutive days, his/her rate of pay will increase on the 11th day by $10 daily. See payroll schedule for dates of payment. Questions concerning salary should be directed to Tammy Murray at 586-6511, ext. 9429
JOIN JACKSONVILLE ISD AS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Encourage, inspire, and empower champions. JISD is seeking qualified candidates to become substitute teachers. If you are interested in being a substitute please click on the link below to submit your application and we will contact you with additional details.
HEALTH INSURNACE INFORMATION FOR JISD SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS