- PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER: Superintendent
GBAA(Legal) policy states that:
- A superintendent shall be a district’s officer for public information. Each department head shall be an agent of the officer for purposes of complying with the public information laws.
- PUBLIC INFORMATION COORDINATOR (PIC): Public Relations Director
The Public Information Coordinator is the employee of the district appointed by the Superintendent as the agent whose is responsible for responding to public information requests.
- RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER: Purchasing Director
The district’s Records Management Officer (in board policy and approved by Board of Trustees) oversees the stored district records and their retention requirements.
- CUSTODIAN OF RECORDS: An employee whose duties include overseeing the specific records for that campus (usually the registrar) or department (usually the department director).
- PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST: A request for district information from someone outside the district. This includes, but is not limited to, subpoenas, written requests, e-mail requests, of any district, campus, staff, or student records.
ALL REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION MUST BE IN WRITING. The district has developed a Public Information Request form that is attached hereto and is posted for accessibility on the JISD website. This form is preferred; however, any written document/email containing a specific request and contact information on the requestor may be accepted.