Public Information Request Information
ALL REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION MUST BE IN WRITING.
The district has developed a Public Information Request form that is attached hereto and is posted for accessibility on the JISD website at jisd.org. This form is preferred; however, any written document/email containing a specific request and requestor contact information may be accepted. Public Information Requests will be filled within ten (10) business days of receipt of the request. All public information requests must be emailed, faxed, mailed, or brought in person using one of these transmissons:
Grace Traylor, Public Information Coordinator
PO Box 631
800 College Avenue
Jacksonville, Texas 75766
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER (PIO): Superintendent
GBAA (Legal) policy states that:
- A superintendent shall be a district's officer for public information. Each department head shall be an agent of the officer for the purposes of complying with public information laws.
PUBLIC INFORMATION COORDINATOR (PIC): Communications Director
- The Public Information Coordinator is the employee of the district appointed by the Superintendent as the agent whose is responsible for responding to public information requests
RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER: Accounts Payable Director
- The district’s Records Management Officer (in board policy and approved by the Board of Trustees) oversees the stored district records and their retention requirements.
CUSTODIAN OF RECORDS:
- An employee whose duties include overseeing the specific records for that campus, (usually the campus registrar) or department, (usually the department head).
PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST:
- A request for district information from someone outside the district. This includes, but is not limited to, subpoenas, written requests, e-mail requests, of any district, campus, staff, or student records.