The PASSPORT program utilizes the Texas Performance Standards Project in conjunction with its broader themes of learning for our gifted and talented students.
Students who participate in the TPSP:
- develop confidence in their abilities to complete an independent research project;
- use their own research to produce an innovative, discipline-based product;
- are stretched to discover what they are capable of doing academically;
- learn to accept challenges in order to perform at a high academic and intellectual level;
- explore an area of interest and passion;
- perform research outside of the traditional curriculum; and
- improve communication and presentation skills.