I want to let each of you know that late this afternoon, we will post and send out a detailed Back To School plan for 2020-21. This is a 22 page document that covers everything we could think of to start this new school year in these very unusual times. The BTS Plan is attached and I hope you will review it. Above all else, please know we have worked tirelessly to implement policies and procedures that will allow us to get our students back on learning pathways, while keeping your health and safety a top priority as well. JISD would not be what it is without our valuable staff.
Your principal or Supervisor will be more campus/department specific, but please take note of these important bullet-points concerning your return.
- We will not be able to be together at Convocation as normal, but know all of us in Administration and each Board Trustee wishes you a very warm welcome back. We are stronger together, and we will get through this strange year together. Do not feel isolated on your campus - we are all on the same Team, and what a strong team we are. WE GOT THIS!
- Very Important - please self-screen at home and if you have symptoms, stay home.
- If anyone in your home is sick now, please fill out the Employee Health Screening Form on the JISD website.
- We are providing face-coverings for all staff. You will receive a clear face-shield as well as a JISD neck-gaiter.
- Staff is required to start back on August 10, but your principal will contact you soon to let you know what day you will be able to get into your classroom. If you come on campus earlier, please use the self screening tools, wear a mask and stay in your classroom and not in groups.
- Campuses will have self-screening stations at the entries.
- We have added 20 minutes to the instructional day. This is to offset screenings, new protocols, and built in time in case of an unexpected closure. Listed below are the times set for staff, and the times set for students.
- JHS/Compass Staff 7:30 arrival 4:20 end
- JHS/Compass Students 8:00 4:05
- JMS Staff 7:30 arrival 4:20 end
- JMS Students 7:50 3:55
- Nichols Staff 7:00 arrival 3:30 end
- Nichols Students 7:15 3:00
- Elementary Staff 7:15 arrival 3:45 end
- Elementary Students 7:30 3:15
- In the BTS Plan, families have a choice of On-Campus Instruction or Remote Learning. We will have a much clearer picture starting next week of what our schools will look like. Your principal has been working on both learning platforms, and each campus may have a different look.
- Most important.....We will do what we do best.......Educate Students and help prepare them for life and all of it's unknowns. Jacksonville ISD has always risen to challenges other districts may not face. We will do so again and be stronger because of it. WE GOT THIS. LET'S DO THIS.
Chad Kelly, Ed.D.
Superintendent, Jacksonville ISD
800 College St.
Jacksonville, Texas 75766
We believe by growing our students and staff in a safe and nurturing environment they will have a positive impact on the future.