Jacksonville ISD Substitute Teacher Information
Applicant must be 21 years of age or older to substitute at the Middle School or High School level. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 21 may be considered for elementary school level. All applicants must provide JACKSONVILLE ISD with an application for employment and the following items:
- Copy of high school diploma or the equivalent; certified teachers need proof of degree/certification.
- Current negative TB test results
- Copy of valid drivers license
- Copy of social security card
Dress Code for substitutes is the same as student dress code as described in
Student Code of Conduct.
Pay scale is as follows:
- Any substitution for paraprofessional - $50.00 per day
- Certified teachers substituting for teachers - $75.00 per day
- Non-certified teachers substituting for teachers - $60.00 per day
- Registered Nurse - $75.00 per day
- Long-term Substitution (4 or more consecutive weeks) for teachers by Certified Teachers----$100.00 per day
- One half day worked is one half full day pay
If a substitute teacher (not a substitute aide or other paraprofessional) works in any one position for more than 10 consecutive days, his/her rate of pay will increase on the 11th day by $10 daily. If a substitute works in a paraprofessional position for more than 10 consecutive days, his/her rate will increase on the 11th day by $5 daily. Substitute teachers and/or aides are subject to the Federal Medicare Withholding Tax of 1.45%. See payroll schedule for dates of payment. Unless otherwise requested, checks will be mailed. Questions concerning salary should be directed to Tammy Murray at 586-6511, ext. 28.
Back to Employment Information